Friday 16 November 2012

Review: Cyborg M.M.O. 7 Gaming Mouse

INTRODUCTION

Welcome to my text-only review of the Cyborg M.M.O. 7 Gaming Mouse.  My second ever attempt at a review.  Since my previous review attracted no negative comments or suggestions, I'll be proceeding in much the same style - this means lots of words but hopefully lots of useful words.

QUICK SUMMARY

A premium gaming mouse primarily aimed at the online RPG player.  Extra attention has been payed to the ability to customise the physical size, shape and weight of the mouse for more a more comfortable experience.  Noteable design elements include independant high-resolution sensors for each major axis (X/Y), user configurable lighting and several adjustable and/or switchable physical features.

In all there are 14 push-buttons, a 4-way controller and 2 rollers, in addition to the two standard movement axes.  Directly accessible software configuration allows for 11 momentary functions and 1 rotary function, with an extra 2 momentary functions available via a firmware tool.  A dedicated Shift and 3-setting Profile button allow for a total of 66 (72 with the firmware tool) unique momentary configurations and 6 rotary configurations.  Up to 4 separate, user-defined sensitivity settings can be cycled via a dedicated button.

For further details, please visit the Cyborg Gaming website.

BACKGROUND

In the case of the MMO7, this is not my first experience with a gaming mouse - but it will be my first with an MMO-oriented mouse (which is really just a fancy way of saying "Lots of buttons").  Previously I've used mice of nearly every size, shape and form, ranging from classic 2-button Microsoft mice and the original Apple IIe one-button mice, to multi-button, gaming-oriented monsters like the Razer Lachesis and Logitech G700, as well as most every other kind of pointing device you can think of.  My recent experience with mice has been limited to Logitech mice, namely the corded G500 and the "hybrid" G700, across games of all kinds and various applications.


ACQUISITION

I purchased the MMO7 from PC Case Gear (PCCG), at a cost of $149 plus postage to Brisbane of $12 (express delivery).  Even without the delivery charge this makes it the single most expensive mouse I have ever owned by a fair margin - the previous contenders all ran nearer the $100 mark at their time of purchase.  Naturally this lead to pretty high expectations, but recent experiences with premium hardware have been extremly positive so I was feeling confidant.  The order itself was placed late Monday with payment lodged immediately, but unlike my purchase of the previously-reviewed X52 Pro from PCCG I unfortunately received an e-mail on Tuesday stating they were out of stock and weren't expecting more for 2½ weeks.  So much for express delivery, but at least it didn't cost me anything over standard anyway.  It's unfortunate but these things happen.

Except this time it didn't, despite the e-mail.  Late the very next day I received an e-mail stating that my un-altered order had been shipped.  I can only speculate as to what happened overnight.  The website still lists the 2½ week ETA, so I don't believe they received a faster or unexpected shipment.  Whatever the reason it really isn't important - either way I would have been receiving it and it's important to get a reminder that the "Now!" train of thought that so often comes along really isn't the best way to go about things.

Ultimately the express delivery still seemed like a wasted effort, however.  I received my mouse on Friday morning, which means a 2 day delivery time anyway.  What I find perculiar about this is that the tracking showed that it had actually arrived in Brisbane at 2am on Thursday.  Whether it was held up waiting for my other delivery (the replacement for my X52 Pro) or some other reason I have no way of knowing, but at least now I know that I can save a few dollars and some frustration by not opting for express.  People who live further or closer to PCCG may get more benefit from it - I just appear to be in the dead zone where the two timeframes cross.

Other than PCCG, however, there don't appear to be many places in Australia to obtain this particular mouse (or any other Cyborg/MadCatz gear, for that matter).  As of writing this StaticICE only listed eight stores which feature it in their online catalogue with prices ranging from $149 to $199 plus delivery if you can't pick it up yourself.  If you're really keen, though, some places may be able to order them in - as in the case with the X52 Pro, the local Harvey Norman again suggested they might be able to get one and would perhaps even be stocking them as part of their regular line-up in the forseeable future, but they could not provide me with a price as they did not have a listing for the MMO7 (though they did have listings for the RAT series).

WHAT'S IN A NAME

Officially, the mouse in question is known as the Cyborg M.M.O. 7 Gaming Mouse.  Cyborg was previously a product line of Saitek, but with their acquisition by MadCatz the Cyborg line was separated from Saitek and became their "Pro Gaming" devision producing up-market mice, keyboards, joysticks and gamepads, while Saitek is now the name born by their simulation equipment such as flight sticks, yokes and other associated peripherals.

Though somewhat moot, it may also be worth mentioning that the MMO7, despite appearances and features being shared, does not bare the R.A.T. nomenclature of the other adjustable Cyborg mice.  Since there is also a R.A.T. 7 mouse, this can sometimes make looking for availability a little more awkward when dealing with someone that isn't quite up-to-date on their gaming hardware.  It generally causes no confusion what-so-ever when attempting to find information on them, however, as most search engines are quite happy to look for MMO as well as 7, instead of just 7.

IMMEDIATE IMPRESSIONS

Much like other Saitek gear, my first impression was that it was light, even with all 5 weights in place (30g total).  This did create a problem for me, though, as the extra weight is entirely localised to the back of the mouse, which meant it was poorly balanced when lifting it from the desk.  Since there's not really a lot of ways to grab it this lead to it feeling extremely unbalanced in my hand.  Obviously this will vary for everyone based on their grip and configuration of the mouse's adjustable parts, but straight out of the box it just felt wrong to lift.

Beyond that, there really isn't a lot more to say.  It looks as funky as the pictures would suggest but, as I will get to in a little bit, that doesn't transfer into how the device feels to use.  It also doesn't feel cheap in your hands, despite how frail it can appear at a glance - definitely something re-assuring to find out, since it does look like the kind of thing a ham-fisted individual such as myself might break without too much effort.  All of the buttons also feel very reassuring in so much as I never accidentally pushed them but didn't need to divert my attention from the task at hand to make sure I was getting them down.

BEFORE USE

Setting everything up was extremely straight forward, but I must admit I was worried initially that I may have done something wrong as the cursor would not move.  Taking the extremely large sticker off the bottom (which includes basic instructions for obtaining software updates) took care of that, however.  It was at this point I began physically reconfiguring the mouse to better match my own preferences.  I use a palm grip on my mouse -  this was well caterd for by extending the palm rest back almost as far as I could while at the same time moving the thumb cluster as far forward as it would go.  I had also opted to use the largest of the three provided pinky rests and the taller palm rest at this time.

It was here, however, that I really started to appreciate the customisation of the mouse.  It turned out that with this setup, the large, smooth pinky rest wasn't a good idea - replacing that with the textured pinky rest gave me a much better grip for lifting the mouse.  This lead to my discovering the next discomfort in the form of the weights.  As mentioned earlier, the mouse is light and while the extra weights aren't that noticeable on the overall mass of the mouse they do make a noticeable difference to its balance, which was strongly to the rear.  Someone with the thumb cluster further back may not have noticed this, but I did - and removing all the weights took care of the problem.  This made it a little front-heavy, so I eventually put one of them (6g) back in.  I have a strong suspicion that I'll be playing around with what I can for the next few days.

Because I had already anticipated receiving my MMO7 back when writing the X52 Pro review, I already had the June 25 release (v7.0.17.2) of the Saitek Smart Technology (SST) software installed.  While not the original release for the MMO7, it was the release recommended for use after having run the firmware configuration tool - something I did almost immediately.  Other reviews almost universally view the ActionLock buttons on the MMO7 as negatives or indifferent features, and often lament that they cannot be disabled or reconfigured.  Between the update to SST and the firmware tool, both of these things can now be done, removing the chance of accidentally locking one of the primary buttons, as well as adding two extra buttons to the already extensive collection of assignable controls; which is exactly what I did.

Note that if you only install the 7.0.17.2 release of SST you will be able to reconfigure the ActionLock buttons, but they will perform your chosen function in addition to their ActionLock function.  The firmware tool is actually a toggle "switch" for whether they perform the ActionLock function or not.

IN USE

While I realise that the MMO7 is marketed as a multi-profile mouse, able to have immediate access to no less than 3 profiles and a shift-state for each with the ability to save and recall as many trios as you like, I've never really been all that big on toggle profiles - I much prefer a nice, multi-position switch I can't bump by accident, or at least one button per profile.  Instead, I opted to set it up with one configuration that would be present all the time, then reconfigure my games accordingly.  I honestly feel this is the better way to go as there's no chance of my accidentally being in the wrong mode or having the wrong profile loaded.  With the profile button oriented away from me at exactly the right angle to make its lighting invisible in use, this seemed all the more likely so I was even less inclined than normal to use them.

One small observation I will make at this point is that the provided profiling software both is and isn't clear in configuring the 5D controller on the side.  While there are markers indicating which button is being configured, the 5D controller counts as one button with all but one marker leading to the bottom of the visual representation.  The orientation of the image to the side, however, doesn't match the directions actually being altered - it's important to configure it as though looking at the controller from the side as it sits on a desk, where up will correspond to up rather than towards the front of the mouse.  All of the other controls, however, are immediately obvious, including reconfiguring the Precision Aim button in the centre of the 5D controller - though it is perhaps worth mentioning that while the button can be reconfigured the Precision Aim control cannot be moved to a different button.

On the subject of the Precision Aim feature, though, again the interface is not quite as clear as it possibly could have been.  The adjustments are made as a percentage of your current precision level, regardless of what DPI it is set to, with a small visual representation of what the feature is supposed to do.  However the DPI is reduced more by selecting a higher percentage than a lower one.  Essentially the percentage shows how much the resolution will be reduced by, rather than what percentage it will be reduced to, which makes your first attempts at setting it to be really fine a rather confusing experience as it appears to not be functioning at all.  On returning to the screen and playing with the dial some more, you'll figure out exactly what went wrong and the animation suddenly makes a lot more sense.

As with any mouse, it was purchased with the intent that it would be a "one device fits all" solution.  Though I suspect that there are some people who actually have multiple mice for different situations, I'm not one of them - and I would wager that most people aren't.  As such this has to serve not only as an MMO mouse like it is advertised for, but also a general-purpose mouse, an RTS mouse, a FPS mouse and anything else that comes up along the way that the mouse is used for.  To give more meaningful feedback, though, I will do some more thorough testing in a few specific environments, namely World of Warcraft and Bulletstorm, along with the Windows desktop itself.

WORLD OF WARCRAFT

My first instinct with WoW was to use the 5D controller for movement.  The idea here being to free up valuable realestate on my keyboard so I could better lay out my action bindings.  Between my G700 and keyboard I have a total of 24 binds for actions and 7 for movement - using the mouse exclusively for movement with all my actions on the keyboard just seemed like a much better idea.  Plus there are always those lazy moments where it's nice to be able to farm one-handed.  This is, of course, in contrast to the provided plugin and addon for WoW which is designed for mapping skills, but it just seemed like a better idea to me.

Of course, it quickly turned out that it wasn't as great of an idea as I had thought it was.  The short throw of the 5D controller, together with the rather limited area for my thumb to move downwards and the need to often press more than one movement key at a time made it almost entirely unsuitable for this purpose.  So I went back to my old scheme of half-n-half with the main movement keys on the keyboard and dedicated strafing and jumping buttons on the mouse.  This left me with a total of 11 functions easily in reach for mapping actions, in contrast to the 7 I'd become used to on the G700.

I also quickly discovered that the ActionLock buttons are very nearly as inconvenient as most other reviewers suggest, but for an entirely different reason - instead of finding myself accidentally pressing them, I found myself having to consciously reach for them in order to hit them on purpose.  At least with my mousing grip, they're too far back from the front to accidentally hit, plus they're slightly recessed and have a differnet feel compared to the main buttons while also requiring more force to actuate (probably a result of the  leverage on the main buttons).  While this in some way limited their usefulness, "sometimes" commands still need a home to be effectively used in a fray.

Perhaps the only real limitation I found was in accessing the 5D controller.  I really, really wanted to like this feature and, while I don't hate it, it's not as good as it could have been.  Functionally it works just fine but actually moving it takes a bit too much concentration for my tastes.  It's short shaft and high resistance mean you really have to use the tip of your thumb to move it, but the layout of the controls mean it's going to be sitting in the middle of your thumb instead - unless you want to ignore the existance of button 2.  All of the other controls feel quite well layed out, even the thumb roller and ActionLock buttons.  It's only the 5D controller and, somewhat by extension, button 2 which feel out of place.

If the thumb cluster had been taller, the 5D controller could have been moved away from the baseplate and given a slight increase in height.  In conjunction with a slightly redesigned head, this would have allowed me to operate the 5D controller with the middle of my thumb.  Of course this would have necessitated raising the entire left-hand side of the mouse in order to also keep the thumb wheel accessible, changing the entire profile and aesthetic of the mouse, but that may also have had the benefit of adding more surface to the left-hand side on which to get a grip.

It's also worth mentioning that when I had the mouse as light as it could get, pressing the thumb buttons would actually move the mouse around.  It could be something to do with the grip I use and it may not necessarily be noticeable (or even relevant) to everyone, but I noticed it.  Adding the weights back pretty much stopped it from moving at all, save for when pressing button 3.  I'm hoping a few good weeks of usage will free the buttons up to the point where this is no longer the case at all.

All that said, as far as multi-button mice go this has had the most buttons I've been able to easily reach, as well as having them all perfectly functional.  A few minor shortcomings may be there but it's still among the best I've used for this purpose to date.

BULLETSTORM

What good would a mouse test be without the classic keyboard-and-mouse setup of the first person shooter?  Originally I had been playing around with Left 4 Dead 2 as a means to test it, but I decided the increased demand in both the number of controls and the accuracy required for Skill Shots made Bulletstorm a far, far better choice.  Of course the option still exists to simply spray'n'pray as I tend to do in L4D2 (when aimed away from other survivors - honest!) it's infinitely more satisfying to see all those extra points flash up onto the screen.

Of course, the one I was most curious about for FPS games was the Precision Aim feature.  DPI changing is one of those features that I have never, ever used before as it's too easy to wind up with the wrong setting, but a momentary button over a toggle was something I was very curious to try.  I set it to 75%, meaning that my default 2000DPI should effectively become 500DPI while holding down the button.  I can definitely say that the difference when using it was substantial, but I honestly cannot say whether it was actually an advantage or not.  Mostly because even with the lower sensitivity the aiming resolution was pretty coarse.  Other shooters (those not designed primarily for consoles) tend to have finer minimum resolutions but still not truly enough to appreciate the feature.

It's a different shape to what I'm used to, meaning I still need a bit of adjustment time to get used to it, plus it has a much larger footprint than my previous mice so I'm having to contend differently with my mousepad - a Razer Vespula (control side), with the wristrest in place.  I suspect these issues will pass in time as I get more used to it, especially if I ditch the wristrest or change mousepad entirely.  Getting used to gripping it for lift will likely be the major thing, however.  Even though I'm getting better at it, it just doesn't feel as "sure" in my hands as other mice have in the past.

It's around here I came to realise that getting the configuration right is vital to managing its weight.  By that I mean the amount of grip I could get on it to lift it from the desk simply wasn't enough with how much it weighs when I had it set up poorly.  It's not unusably overweight, but its low profile and near-vertical pinky rests don't promote any decent handling surfaces.  A taller, indented thumb control and pinky grip would have made it much more usable in my opinion, since the configuration could be more relaxed with more grip available.  However this did make a little bit more sense about the placement and design of the 5D controller, since having it in the middle of your thumb means I could grip "over" it without accidentally pressing anything.

It also seems a little too eager to keep sensing as I removed it from the desk, which can result in sudden movement skews along the way.  It's only sensitive to a height of maybe 3mm if its lucky but the accuracy once it leaves a surface absolutely tanks.  A different mousepad may yield different results and it could just be that the surface of my Vespula's "control" side doesn't work as well with it as another surface might.  The only other mousepad I have on hand is the one that came with the World of Warcraft Cataclysm expansion collector's edition and it seems to exhibit less jarring when lifting the mouse, though the off-surface accuracy is equally poor.

As an FPS mouse, however, I have no real complaints to speak of.  Accuracy while on a surface was exactly where I expected it to be with a smooth flow to the control, while the buttons activated promptly with minimal force.  In all honesty, I found at no time did I ever accidentally press either of the ActionLock buttons even in a heated gunfight.  As in WoW, I had to hunt for them, which made the left one the perfect place to put the Charge Shot button so I didn't waste them but they stayed near the trigger when using them.

WINDOWS (OS)

The MMO7 is clearly not a mouse that was designed to spend the bulk of its life navigating an operating system.  At its price I would even be hesitant to believe there are any out there being used exclusively for desktop tasks.  But it's a fact of life that any PC is going to be spending time on the desktop - sometimes a lot of time, at that.  So a mouse has to also feel smooth and easy when doing even the most mundane of tasks, no matter how well suited it is to anything else.

What more really needs to be said about it, though, that hasn't already been covered?  It's smooth, it's accurate and it's easy to press the desired button(s).  Probably the only difference to speak of on the desktop is that it responds basically immediately to any movement, which can make it feel like it's simply too sensitive.  Coming from a mouse with a "standby" facility, or any other low-power-draw mode, it takes a bit of adjustment before feeling comfortable with it - especially when combined with its light weight.

One thing I did tend to notice more on the desktop than anywhere else, however, was that it sometimes seems "ignorant" of movement.  I don't necessarily mean that it stopped working entirely, just that it stopped tracking at the speed I expect it to, and sometimes it would ignore one axis completely.  Turning it over and blowing on the sensor opening seems to correct it but it's somewhat concerning that it happens at all.  Because it only happens every now and then it's hard to pinpoint an exact cause, but I've given the sensors a quick clean with some lens cleaning fluid and will see if that helps.  I've also got some circuit cleaning spray which may work better given it's hard to actually reach the lens with any kind of rubbing device.

NOT-SO-OBVIOUS OBSERVATIONS

This really is a very low profile mouse.  The pictures don't really demonstrate this as much as physically holding it does.  In fact, it's about the same height as my hand if I lay my palm flat on the table next to it.  This will almost invariably require some adjustment time from pretty much anything but a laptop/travel mouse.

ALTERNATIVES

Where to start?  It's a mouse - there's more alternatives than there are keys on a keyboard.  Dozens of companies make them at prices range from $2 to $200+ with anything from 1 (anything Apple) to 20 (Logitech G600) buttons, sensitivities well in excess of what most people will ever need and the option to go wireless, even before considering the non-mouse options like trackballs and trackpads.  The most direct competitors to the MMO7, however, come in the form of the Logitech G9x, G500 and G700, the Razer Naga Hex, the Steelseries World of Warcraft mice and the Corsair Vengeance M90 - right-handed laser mice which have plenty of sensitivity, gaming-oriented software and functions, and around a dozen "buttons" in all.  While the most customisation these tend to offer is variable weights (if that), these competitors also run closer to the $70-$120 area - further emphasising the premium for the MMO7, so for some people they may well be the preferable option based on price alone.

Ultimately no amount of research is really going to be enough when it comes to choosing a mouse.  It's one of the two most used input devices on any PC alongside the keyboard, so the demands even a light user places on it will be extremely high.  As no two people are the same it's always best if you can handle a mouse before making the purchase, and do your best to familiarise yourself with any common shortcomings - what's wrong with a mouse is generally more important than what's right, provided it has enough controls in convenient places for your purposes and is comfortable to use.

CONCLUSION

There are two questions you have to ask of any product you buy when forming an opinion on it: Do you regret purchasing it, and would you buy another one?

Do I regret purchasing it?  A bit, yes.  I wasn't originally entirely happy with my MMO7.  It's a good mouse - a very good mouse - but the simple truth is that I feel it could have, and for the price it should have, been better.  When it's on the desk it's extremly responsive, has plenty of buttons in pretty good spots and feels light but reassuring.  However as soon as I came to lift it off the desk it became a heavy, awkward lump which felt as though very little thought had actually gone into that part of "mousing" when it was being designed.

Since I started writing this, however, my opinion has been steadily improving as I become more used to it and refine the shape.  I've actually put all the weights back in to stop it moving about as much when pressing the thumb buttons, along with retracting the palm rest slightly, which I switched to the textured one, and moving the thumb cluster back.  This has lead to my holding the mouse with a slightly different orientation that puts my pinky further forward and makes me feel much more sure in my grip when lifting it.  The changed grip also puts the ActionLock buttons closer at hand, though I still doubt they're ever going to be accidentally pressed at any time.

But would I buy another one?  Oddly enough, I probably would.  Despite of my initial distaste towards it the MMO7 is indeed growing on me.  It's taken a lot longer to get used to than any other mouse I've owned - particularly the likes of the Logitech MX1000 and G500 - but I am indeed adjusting.  Muscle memory is an amazing thing and getting to grips with this much change after around 10 years of Logitech and Microsoft mice with a very similar form and layout means I'm still reaching for controls which simply aren't where they used to be.  This can hardly be blamed on the mouse, since I knew going in that the design would be different, and if I can eventually get used to it than there are some pretty good things to like about it.

In all, it's a good mouse, it's well made and it's very flexible.  While I don't necessarily know if it's the right mouse for me, I do know it's one of the better mice I've ever used.

WHAT I LIKED

  • Plenty of bits to play with, and not just buttons or wheels.
  • Even more software configuration options than physical ones.
  • Extremely responsive.
  • Lots of buttons but not enough to make it hard to find the one you want without looking.

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE

  • There isn't really anywhere dedicated to "grabing" the mouse when lifting it.
  • Actuating the side buttons requires too much force - enough so the mouse will almost always move at the same time.
  • Too sensitive when being lifted off your surface of choice.
  • Movement of the 5D controller is too restricted.
  • Three buttons - two of which are in good places - which still cannot be reconfigured.
  • Low profile compared to other mice, which takes some serious getting used to.

TWO WEEKS LATER

I've finally become used to the mouse, at least as used to it as I'm going to get.  As an every-day mouse it's proven to be far more than adequate; when it's working.  But I'm still not entirely happy with the arrangement of the thumb cluster.  Between the stiffness of the controls themselves and the spacing between button 2, 3 and the 5D controller, it just doesn't feel well layed out.  Shifting the 5D controller up slightly (even without making the cluster taller) together with moving buttons 2 and 3 closer to centre would go worlds towards making it feel like a much more usable mouse.

That is, rather disappointingly, where the "good news" ends.  As of now, the sensor issue I mentioned briefly during the Desktop impressions has become a significant issue.  On more than one occasion the mouse has completely failed to respond to movement for extended periods of time.  How long?  Well, long enough that I was able to dismantle it completely (goodbye, warrenty - I should have kept you with what this damned thing cost) to give the sensor a very, very thorough cleaning in case it had gone "blind" as well as visually inspecting every single part of the PCBs I could get a good look at to check for damage or poor contact.  Physically, it appears to be near perfect - it just doesn't work.  And then there's the "part response" moments where it will move in bursts following where it should be moving smoothly, and other times where it will just wander off on its own.

A little research suggests this isn't an isolated occurrence, either.  Reports are available from users of all Cyborg RAT and MMO mice with similar problems.  Suggestions include cleaning the sensor, cleaning the surface, using a brighter surface and "discharging" the mouse with it unplugged - none of which had any sustained effect for me.  What is perhaps both more interesting and more frustrating is that since I started writing these paragraphs it has actually decided to start working again.  Could it be because I removed the drivers before I started typing, or could it have just "come good" as it so often seems to do?  It then decided that it wanted to wander, which a quick slam against the desk took care of (no peripheral should ever encourage that sort of response, except perhaps a giant red button designed for being slammed).

The response I received from MadCatz on this issue was also less than inspiring.  In a nutshell, their answer to the situation was to clean the sensor (not easy to do without dismantling it due to its design), trying a different surface (which doesn't explain why it starts working, then stops over the course of a few days), trying it on a different machine or, if none of that helps, returning it for an exchange.  Since my warrenty is void (and I told even them as much) the latter isn't exactly an option.  What perhaps makes the response more annoying is that I went into great detail on the steps I had tried and what the situation was, and it was all pretty much ignored.  This didn't fill me with much hope that a replacement would be any better.

All of this just makes it far too unreliable for a major input device.  I won't tollerate losing a non-standard button, so there's no way I'm going to agree to lose axial control - even if it's flawlessly accurate when it's working.  Regardless of what I may think of their other peripherals, this has soured my opinion of MadCatz (Cyborg) mice to the point where I would not buy another, nor would I recommend them to anyone in the market.  There's an outside chance that this is driver related, or at least software-based in some way, so perhaps it could be fixed, but a reputation is a hard thing to repair.  I'll be quite happy when it comes time to replace this - it's just a shame I'm hoping that time doesn't come too soon given what it cost.

LAST WORDS

This could have been a good mouse.  In fact, it could have been a great mouse.  All of the elements are there for it to have been nearly perfect - it just falters at the line, and then doesn't work.  A few controls moved around and a slightly taller design could have made it absolutely perfect, at least physically.  But if it only works some of the time, rather than all of the time, than it may as well not work at all.  It's better to have a device you know to be useless rather than one that is really good if it works, but you have no way of knowing if it is or isn't going to without trying to use it.

There's still hope that it's software or firmware based, thus able to be fixed, but for now this is the mouse that almost was but definitely isn't.

Not at all recommended.  In fact, I recommend against getting one.

LEGAL STUFF
Please note that I'm not affiliated with any of the companies mentioned in this review.  Nothing has been provided to me outside of what I have purchased myself and nothing is expected as a result of having completed this review - it's just something that I felt like doing myself, in my own time.  All names and trademarks belong to their respective companies.  Etc etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment